Start-ups, incubators & e-commerce companies
Head of Design & UX
Jun. 2021– present
Leading and owning the global product design strategy and roadmap of all FTI owned platforms, operating in two regions across the globe. Line manage UX and design team to create solutions based on UX analytics, customer feedback, and remote testing.
· Set up and manage the UX/UI & Design team, made up of 12 experts and 2 Team Manager with core skills in UX design and research; also visual design, prototyping, and service design.
· Lead the creation of FTI mobile app, bringing all trip details together in one master view to enable our customers to manage all of their travel plans in one place.
· Managing the modular design system and best practice UX-UI pattern of the new white-label internet booking engine replacing Amadeus CRS.
· Ongoing optimization of all platforms across the FTI ecosystem by creating microservices, i.e., quick-search, up-selling tools etc.
· Created FTI’s first Digital UX Design Language to ensure consistency across products.
Team Manager UX
Sep. 2019 – May 2021 (1 year 9 months)
Senior UX / UI Designer
Mar. 2018 – Aug. 2019 (1 year 6 months)
UX / UI Designer
Jun 2015 – Mar 2018
As the Lead UX Designer, I brought user-centric design and business needs together with strategic insights to create solutions, products, and services for the multishop concept of Germany’s leading online retailer of kids’ toys, adult shoes, and furniture.
Project A Ventures
UX / UI Designer
Jan 2012 – Jun 2015
As the Lead UX Designer, I devised, wire-framed, and validated the design solutions to prepare for the development of successful startups like Wine in Black, Saatchi Online, Contorion, Tirendo, and many others.
UX / UI Designer
Oct 2010 – Dec 2011
Part of UX and UI team to create designs, in close collaboration with the product team and founders, for startups within Rocket Internet’s portfolio.
My UX Design Approach
This is the process Google uses for all of their products and Stanford teaches in their product design courses. It’s scalable from a few weeks for massive projects to just a few days for designing new features.
Tools of choice
Methods and tools i use in my daily work. I always try to incorporate new methods into my work.
Design Thinking, Agile working, Scribbles, Information Architecture, User Flow, Prototyping, Click Dummy, User Tests, Remote User Tests, Customer / User Journey Maps, Best Practice, UX Audits, Empathy
Sketch, Principle, InVision & Craft, Zeplin, Mural, Overflow, Balsamiq Mockup, FreeMind, HTML, CSS, Sublime Text, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
The best teamwork begins as early as the idea phase, since this is where the paths are laid. Its all about the Team that creates excellent ideas and great products.
Little bit more about me
It’s very important for me to have beside the daily work a balance with my hobbies.
For me, sport is having fun in a team and sharing my experience with younger players. Basketball & Streetball have been part of my life for more than 25 years. Since 1993 I have been a big Chicago Bulls and Michael Jordan fan.
Travelling is one of the most beautiful experiences. To experience new countries, new cultures, the people, the food is what travelling means to me. Travel changes perspective and perception.
Like travelling, I love to eat. Both can be perfectly combined. As Mark Wiens says in his Travel VLOG “I travel for food” – I feel exactly the same. I also love to cook myself, always trying out new things.